New Jersey Devils sign F Kevin Rooney to 2-year contract
- Gionta set to retire after 16 seasons
- Canadiens give F Byron 4-year extension
- Red Wings score 3 in 2nd to down Pens
- Avs C MacKinnon speeds toward success
- Hamilton coach OK after in-game collapse
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Kevin Rooney to a two-year contract.
General Manager Ray Shero announced the contract Monday. He says the first year will be a two-way deal in which Rooney will earn $700,000 at the NHL level and $100,000 at the AHL level, with $70,000 guaranteed. The second year is worth $700,000 at the NHL level.
Rooney played in 71 games for the Binghamton Devils of the AHL last season, collecting 14 goals and 20 assists. The 25-year-old appeared in one NHL game, and five in his two years as a pro.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 13, 2018