Giants take quarterback Kyle Lauletta - in the fourth round
NFL Draft Headlines
- GM: Redskins had 'inside info' on Guice
- Seahawks select one-handed LB Griffin
- Giants take Richmond QB Lauletta in 4th
- Browns take troubled Florida WR Callaway
- Raiders end DT Hurst's fall in 5th round
- Eagles move up for Aussie rugby player
- Cowboys get TE insurance with Schultz
- QB Falk to Titans at famed No. 199 spot
- 'Skins make SMU WR Quinn Mr. Irrelevant
- Newsome gets emotional during last draft
By TOM CANAVAN
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) The New York Giants have another entry in the contest to be the heir apparent to two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning.
After passing on the more well-known quarterbacks early in the NFL draft to take Saquon Barkley of Penn State with the second pick overall, the Giants on Saturday used their fourth-round pick to take Kyle Lauletta of Richmond.
Lauletta played in 40 games for the Spiders, finishing his career by throwing for 3,737 yards, 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2017. He averaged almost 340 yards and completed almost 65 percent of his passes this past season.
The pick also shows the Giants want to provide some competition for Davis Webb, the third-round pick a year ago did not see any action last season. It also gives the team another arm in training camp.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 28, 2018