Detroit's Zimmermann, Stewart have core muscle surgery
- Mets ink Ramos, unlikely to add Realmuto
- LHP Happ, Yankees finalize $34M deal
- Champion Red Sox, Nats to pay luxury tax
- White Sox acquire 1B Alonso from Indians
- Nats, Adams agree to 1-year, $4M deal
The Tigers said the operations took place in Philadelphia and were performed by Dr. William Meyers.
Zimmermann went 7-8 with a 4.52 ERA in 25 starts this season.
Stewart, one of Detroit's top prospects, made his major league debut this year. He played 17 games for the Tigers, hitting .267 with two home runs.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 11, 2018