Wainwright put on DL by Cards because of inflamed elbow
- Bauer has leg fracture, out 4-6 weeks
- Scherzer goes 6 scoreless, 1st to win 16
- Cubs turn record-tying 7 DPs in 1-0 win
- Ramirez's 37th backs Carrasco's 15th win
- Nola Ks 11, beats Mets to go 9-0 at home
ST. LOUIS (AP) Right-hander Adam Wainwright was placed on the 10-day disabled list Sunday by the St. Louis Cardinals because of right elbow inflammation.
The 36-year-old is 1-2 with a 3.45 ERA in three starts. He had been scheduled to start Tuesday against the New York Mets.
Wainwright tweeted "all will be well in a few days."
St. Louis made the move retroactive to Friday and manager Mike Matheny said the team was trying to be proactive.
Right-hander John Brebbia was recalled from Triple-A Memphis. He pitched two scoreless innings for the Cardinals in two appearances earlier this season.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated April 22, 2018