Wainwright put on DL by Cards because of inflamed elbow
- Marlins sign highly touted Mesa brothers
- Ryu, Price named Game 2 starters
- Reds name Cincinnati native Bell manager
- D-backs sign Escobar to 3-yr., $21M deal
- Mets narrow GM search to 3 candidates
ST. LOUIS (AP) Right-hander Adam Wainwright was placed on the 10-day disabled list Sunday by the St. Louis Cardinals because of right elbow inflammation.
The 36-year-old is 1-2 with a 3.45 ERA in three starts. He had been scheduled to start Tuesday against the New York Mets.
Wainwright tweeted "all will be well in a few days."
St. Louis made the move retroactive to Friday and manager Mike Matheny said the team was trying to be proactive.
Right-hander John Brebbia was recalled from Triple-A Memphis. He pitched two scoreless innings for the Cardinals in two appearances earlier this season.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated April 22, 2018