Wainwright put on DL by Cards because of inflamed elbow
- Reds' Marty Brennaman to call final year
- Royals' Skoglund gets 80-game PED ban
- Yanks' LeMahieu ready to play many roles
- Phils add Dickerson, Figueroa to staff
- Mets, Lowrie finalize 2-yr., $20M deal
ST. LOUIS (AP) Right-hander Adam Wainwright was placed on the 10-day disabled list Sunday by the St. Louis Cardinals because of right elbow inflammation.
The 36-year-old is 1-2 with a 3.45 ERA in three starts. He had been scheduled to start Tuesday against the New York Mets.
Wainwright tweeted "all will be well in a few days."
St. Louis made the move retroactive to Friday and manager Mike Matheny said the team was trying to be proactive.
Right-hander John Brebbia was recalled from Triple-A Memphis. He pitched two scoreless innings for the Cardinals in two appearances earlier this season.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated April 22, 2018