|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
LA Galaxy bolster defense with Dutch right back Van Anholt
European Football Headlines
- Dybala scores again as Juventus wins 4-0, Napoli perfect too
- Sporting Lisbon drops first points in draw at Moreirense
- Own goals help Barcelona win 3-0 at Girona to increase lead
- Barcelona gets 6th win in 6 rounds, Atletico beats Sevilla
- Uninspired PSG held by gritty Montpellier to 0-0
- Sporting KC turns focus toward Galaxy
- Panetolikos beats stumbling Panathinaikos 2-0 in Greece
- Classy Dortmund warns Real Madrid with 6-1 rout of 'Gladbach
- Coutinho returns to form as Liverpool wins at Leicester 3-2
- Liverpool hold on to edge Leicester City 3-2
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have acquired Dutch defender Pele Van Anholt.
The Galaxy announced the deal Wednesday to add the 26-year-old right back from Willem II of the Eredivisie.
Van Anholt spent just one season with Willem II, and he was out of contract with the club. He played for SC Heerenveen for six of the previous seven seasons, scoring two goals in 149 appearances.
The Galaxy need help on the right side of their defense after losing Robbie Rogers for the season with a serious left ankle injury. Rogers was placed on the season-ending injury list in May.
Van Anholt will join the Galaxy in training on Thursday. They host Manchester United in a friendly on Saturday night.
Updated July 12, 2017