|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
LA Galaxy bolster defense with Dutch right back Van Anholt
European Football Headlines
- Senior FIFA VP Villar resigns amid another corruption case
- Too many fans: Udinese vs. Hannover friendly called off
- Jordan Morris adds Gold Cup to NCAA, MLS titles
- Morris's 88th-minute goal gives US Gold Cup title
- Sapong scores 10th goal, Union beats 9-man Crew 3-0
- FIFPro pushes for union to protect player rights in China
- Around MLS: Lennon enjoying his time stateside with RSL
- Champions League: Balotelli scores, Nice draws 1-1 with Ajax
- Argentina, Uruguay to go ahead with 2030 World Cup bid
- Rapids sign German midfielder Stefan Aigner
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have acquired Dutch defender Pele Van Anholt.
The Galaxy announced the deal Wednesday to add the 26-year-old right back from Willem II of the Eredivisie.
Van Anholt spent just one season with Willem II, and he was out of contract with the club. He played for SC Heerenveen for six of the previous seven seasons, scoring two goals in 149 appearances.
The Galaxy need help on the right side of their defense after losing Robbie Rogers for the season with a serious left ankle injury. Rogers was placed on the season-ending injury list in May.
Van Anholt will join the Galaxy in training on Thursday. They host Manchester United in a friendly on Saturday night.
Updated July 12, 2017