|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- UEFA president wants lawmakers to help make soccer fairer
- Russia regains FIFA Council seat after Mutko's ouster
- Morgan scores twice as US women beat New Zealand 5-0
- Messi nets 4 goals to keep Barcelona with perfect record
- Klopp angry as Liverpool eliminated from League Cup
- Martinez, Atlanta look to take advantage of struggling LA
- James stars for Bayern Munich in Bundesliga win at Schalke
- Toronto FC looks to dominate rival Montreal
- Inter's perfect start ends with 1-1 draw at Bologna
- Sporting KC to meet Red Bulls for US Open Cup championship
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017