Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Stakes higher for 3rd showdown between Guardiola, Mourinho
- Costa ends goal drought to help Chelsea open up 7-point lead
- Brazil goalkeeper convicted in murder case returning to jail
- Atletico Madrid loses 1-0 to Villarreal at home
- Eintracht Frankfurt into first German Cup final in 11 years
- Kaka tops MLS salaries for 3rd straight year; Giovinco next
- Chelsea beats Southampton, extends lead in EPL
- Manchester United-Manchester City Preview
- Injured Bale expected to miss Champions League semifinals
- Ajax's home stadium to be named after Johan Cruyff
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017