|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- UEFA president wants lawmakers to help make soccer fairer
- Russia regains FIFA Council seat after Mutko's ouster
- Morgan scores twice as US women beat New Zealand 5-0
- Messi nets 4 goals to keep Barcelona with perfect record
- Klopp angry as Liverpool eliminated from League Cup
- Martinez, Atlanta look to take advantage of struggling LA
- James stars for Bayern Munich in Bundesliga win at Schalke
- Toronto FC looks to dominate rival Montreal
- Inter's perfect start ends with 1-1 draw at Bologna
- Sporting KC to meet Red Bulls for US Open Cup championship
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017