|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Bayern defender Juan Bernat out weeks after ankle surgery
- Chelsea sends Kenedy home from Asia after offensive posts
- Brazil's 1982 World Cup goalkeeper dies after heart attack
- Russian farmer's straw stadium pokes fun at World Cup costs
- Spain's sports court opens disciplinary procedure vs. Villar
- Man United's Bailly gets 3-game UEFA ban, misses Super Cup
- Bernardeschi nears 40 million euro transfer to Juventus
- Jamaica stuns Mexico 1-0 to reach CONCACAF Gold Cup final
- Roldan's 2 quick goals help Sounders beat Quakes 3-0
- Jesse Gonzalez goes with heart, switches from Mexico to US
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017