|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Mascherano out 6 weeks, will miss Argentina vs. Brazil
- Luis Enrique leaves with feeling of mission accomplished
- AC Milan loses 2-1 at Cagliari in Serie A finale
- Ten-Man United States books place in Round of 16 at U20 WCup
- Wenger collects record 7th FA Cup unclear on Arsenal future
- Barcelona wins Copa del Rey in Luis Enrique's last game
- Dynamo, FC Dallas renew intrastate rivalry
- NYCFC's Villa eyes milestone vs. revenge-minded Atlanta
- PSG wins French Cup scraping 1-0 win against Angers
- Dortmund beats Frankfurt to win German Cup at 4th attempt
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017