Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Stakes higher for 3rd showdown between Guardiola, Mourinho
- Costa ends goal drought to help Chelsea open up 7-point lead
- Brazil goalkeeper convicted in murder case returning to jail
- Atletico Madrid loses 1-0 to Villarreal at home
- Eintracht Frankfurt into first German Cup final in 11 years
- Kaka tops MLS salaries for 3rd straight year; Giovinco next
- Chelsea beats Southampton, extends lead in EPL
- Manchester United-Manchester City Preview
- Injured Bale expected to miss Champions League semifinals
- Ajax's home stadium to be named after Johan Cruyff
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017