Bears activate Shaheen, place Sims on injured reserve
- Chiefs star WR Hill avoids suspension
- Bills sign S Coleman after Bush retires
- Ex-Giants OL Petrus dies of heat stroke
- Ex-coach Denver Shanahan visits practice
- Broncos get key players back from injury
CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago Bears have activated Adam Shaheen from injured reserve and placed fellow tight end Dion Sims on IR.
The 6-foot-6 Shaheen has missed the first nine games because of a foot injury. A second-round draft pick from Division II Ashland in 2017, he caught 12 passes for 127 yards and three touchdowns as a rookie.
Sims (concussion) sat out Chicago's win over Detroit last weekend.
Chicago announced the moves on Saturday. The NFC North-leading Bears (6-3) host the second-place Minnesota Vikings (5-3-1) on Sunday night.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated November 17, 2018