Falcons place Allen on season-ending IR with torn Achilles
- Seahawks stop Vikes, move in on playoffs
- Raiders fire GM McKenzie after 7 seasons
- RB Fournette yelled at fan who used slur
- Ekeler joins Gordon as hurt Chargers RB
- Hurt toe may end 'Skins TE Reed's season
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) The Atlanta Falcons have placed free safety Ricardo Allen on season-ending injured reserve with a torn Achilles tendon.
Allen was carted off the field in last Sunday's overtime loss to New Orleans, becoming the third defensive starter to go down for Atlanta. Strong safety Keanu Neal tore his ACL in the opener and is out for the year. Linebacker Deion Jones underwent foot surgery and is sidelined until at least Nov. 18.
To provide depth, the Falcons re-signed safety Sharrod Neasman, who played in 14 games during the last two seasons, and linebacker Bruce Carter, a backup the last four years with Dallas, Tampa Bay and the New York Jets.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated September 25, 2018