Falcons sign former Chiefs safety Ron Parker to 1-year deal
- School head resigns over black QBs post
- Steelers OL DeCastro out vs. Buccaneers
- Titans LB Correa, S Lewis out vs. Jags
- Titans unsure if Mariota will face Jags
- Eagles RBs Ajayi, Sproles out vs. Colts
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) The Falcons have signed a one-year deal with safety Ron Parker, who spent the last five seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs.
The 30-year-old Parker had 318 tackles, nine interceptions and seven sacks in 80 games with the Chiefs. He started in all 16 games in 2017 and had 67 tackles with two interceptions.
Parker, from Newberry College, signed with Seattle as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He will add depth to the position with the Falcons, where he will compete for time behind starters Ricardo Allen and Keanu Neal.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated June 25, 2018