Packers' Matthews hit in face by line drive in charity game
- Chiefs fire DC Sutton after loss to Pats
- No-call suit seeks Rams-Saints do-over
- NFL investigating laser pointed at Brady
- Louisiana governor calls for rule change
- Cardinals bring on Clements as QB coach
GRAND CHUTE, Wis. (AP) Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews was hit in the face with a line drive during a charity softball game.
Matthews was pitching during Saturday's game when offensive lineman Lucas Patrick hit the ball directly into Matthews' face, knocking him to the ground. The Green Bay Press Gazette reports Matthews got up, covered his face with his glove, then walked to the dugout.
But he did not return to the game. A spokesman for the Packers did not immediately return messages seeking more information.
After the game, receiver Davante Adams said the situation was scary.
The Packers are in the middle of their organized team activity period. Matthews hasn't participated in OTAs because of a knee injury.
Updated June 2, 2018