49ers sign 5th-round pick D.J. Reed Jr.
- Pats beat KC in OT, back in Super Bowl
- Rams make Super Bowl on 57-yard FG in OT
- Payton: NFL says refs blew crucial call
- Pats-Rams to be past vs. future showdown
- Pats early favorites in Las Vegas books
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) The San Francisco 49ers have signed cornerback D.J. Reed Jr. to a four-year contract.
The team announced the deal with the fifth-round pick on Friday.
Reed was selected 142nd overall last month out of Kansas State. He played in 24 games in two years in college and registered 122 tackles, five tackles for loss, seven interceptions, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and 32 passes defensed.
He also returned 26 kickoffs for an average of 32.2 yards per return and one touchdown. He averaged 14.9 yards per punt return in college as well.
More AP NFL: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 11, 2018