Cardinals release QBs Doughty, Torgersen
- Activists rally outside NFL headquarters
- Packers sign ex-Jaguars TE Lewis
- Trump: Maybe kneelers shouldn't be in US
- Seahawks WR Baldwin blasts Trump remarks
- Police took Incognito to mental hospital
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Cardinals have released Brandon Doughty and Alek Torgersen, two quarterbacks they claimed off waivers a month ago.
The drafting of Josh Rosen and signing of Princeton's Chad Kanoff as an undrafted rookie free agent leaves the team with enough quarterbacks to get through the three-day rookie minicamp that starts Friday. The Cardinals also have veterans Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon.
Doughty and Torgersen became available to the Cardinals after being released on April 5, Doughty by the Miami Dolphins and Torgersen by the Detroit Lions.
For more AP NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 7, 2018