Cardinals release QBs Doughty, Torgersen
- Cards fire OC McCoy after blowout loss
- Browns DE Garrett sounds off on refs
- Jets likely down 3 starters in secondary
- CB Ramsey quiet with Jaguars slumping
- Ailing Jets DC Rodgers returns to work
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Cardinals have released Brandon Doughty and Alek Torgersen, two quarterbacks they claimed off waivers a month ago.
The drafting of Josh Rosen and signing of Princeton's Chad Kanoff as an undrafted rookie free agent leaves the team with enough quarterbacks to get through the three-day rookie minicamp that starts Friday. The Cardinals also have veterans Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon.
Doughty and Torgersen became available to the Cardinals after being released on April 5, Doughty by the Miami Dolphins and Torgersen by the Detroit Lions.
For more AP NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 7, 2018