Former Green Bay Packers player shot to death in Alabama
- Cowboys get WR Cooper for 1st-round pick
- Scuffling Jags stick with Bortles at QB
- Wilks: Cardinals won't trade CB Peterson
- Bills to start QB Anderson vs. Pats
- Ex-Panther Carruth released from prison
PINSON, Ala. (AP) Authorities say a former Green Bay Packers player has been found shot to death in his home in Alabama.
The Jefferson County Coroner's Office says former Packers defensive lineman Carlos Gray was found shortly before 10 p.m. Monday near Birmingham, Alabama. The 25-year-old is a native of Pinson, Alabama.
Al.com reports that sheriff's deputies and Center Point Fire and Rescue were dispatched to the house after a friend found Gray wounded and unresponsive.
Gray played at North Carolina State University and signed with the Packers as a free agent in 2014.
Al.com reports that he was released from the Packers in 2015 and returned home to Alabama. He was the father of two young children.
Updated May 1, 2018