49ers pick up 5th-year option on DE Arik Armstead
- Bills QB McCarron injures shoulder
- Browns, WR Bryant still talking contract
- Seahawks cut DE Smith, sign LB Walden
- Ryan sharp, Chiefs' Mahomes throws TD
- McCaffrey has TD, 120 total yards in win
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) The San Francisco 49ers have exercised the fifth-year option to keep defensive end Arik Armstead under contract through 2019.
The team announced the move Monday to pick up the option worth about $9 million. The deal is guaranteed for injury and will become fully guaranteed next March.
Armstead was taken 17th overall in 2015. He has six sacks and 56 tackles in 30 career games. Armstead played just six games last year before a season-ending broken hand.
The Niners signed seven undrafted free agents: WR Steven Dunbar, TE Ross Dwelley, QB Jack Heneghan, OL Alan Knott, OL Jamar McGloster, DL Niles Scott, and S Terrell Williams.
More AP NFL: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 30, 2018