Secondary covered, Packers could look at pass rush on Day 3
- Steelers still haven't heard from Brown
- Chiefs' Berry, Ware return to practice
- Jets hire ex-Browns coach Williams as DC
- Former QB Leftwich to be Buccaneers OC
- Bills re-sign LB Alexander to 1-yr. deal
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) The Green Bay Packers might be busy on the third day of the NFL draft. General manager Brian Gutekunst begins the day with eight selections over the final four rounds.
But they hope that they've shored up their pass coverage after adding Iowa cornerback Josh Jackson in the second round. They selected Vanderbilt's Oren Burks in the third round. They see Burks as a versatile inside linebacker who can cover.
The Packers chose Louisville cornerback Jaire Alexander in the first round.
Gutekunst says that adding competition will bring out the best in his players.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 28, 2018