Linebacker Korey Toomer signs one-year contract with 49ers
- NFL: Guice not asked improper questions
- Foster's accuser recants abuse claims
- Giants' Manning not worried about draft
- Jones, Goodell chummy at draft event
- Titans' Mariota busy learning new plays
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) Linebacker Korey Toomer has signed a one-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers.
The team announced the deal Wednesday.
Toomer started eight games in each of the past two seasons for the Chargers. His 15 games total in 2017 were a career high and he finished with 48 tackles, one sack, an interception, two forced fumbles and three passes defensed.
The 29-year-old Toomer was a fifth-round draft pick by the Seahawks in 2012 out of Idaho.
More AP NFL: https://pro32.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 4, 2018