Falcons re-sign defensive end Derrick Shelby to 1-year deal
- Darnold has chance to prove Browns wrong
- WR Jones latest Falcon to miss practice
- Jags RB Fournette expected to practice
- Mariota still dealing with numb fingers
- Broncos' Keenum held out with sore knee
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) The Atlanta Falcons have re-signed defensive end Derrick Shelby to a one-year contract.
The Falcons released the 29-year-old Shelby on March 2.
Shelby signed a four-year, $18 million deal, with $7.5 million guaranteed, with Atlanta in 2016 after spending his first four seasons in Miami. The details of his new deal were not immediately available.
Shelby played in 16 games in 2017 and had 30 tackles with one sack. He has 10 career sacks in six seasons.
For more AP NFL coverage: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 22, 2018