Falcons re-sign defensive end Derrick Shelby to 1-year deal
- RB Bell likely to leave Steelers in 2019
- Packs' profit fell by nearly 50 percent
- QB Wentz marries longtime girlfriend
- Esiason leaving MNF radio broadcasts
- Jets waive 2015 2nd-rounder Smith
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) The Atlanta Falcons have re-signed defensive end Derrick Shelby to a one-year contract.
The Falcons released the 29-year-old Shelby on March 2.
Shelby signed a four-year, $18 million deal, with $7.5 million guaranteed, with Atlanta in 2016 after spending his first four seasons in Miami. The details of his new deal were not immediately available.
Shelby played in 16 games in 2017 and had 30 tackles with one sack. He has 10 career sacks in six seasons.
For more AP NFL coverage: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 22, 2018