Falcons place second-round tenders on Allen, Garland
- Jets' Anderson gets probation for arrest
- Ex-Eagles snapper Dorenbos gets SB ring
- Browns sign 2014 No. 2 pick OL Robinson
- Vick sells Florida home for $1.4M
- Ex-GM Whaley named NFLPA scouting head
Thanks to the $2.9 million tenders, another team signing either player would have to give the Falcons a second-round draft pick. The free agency period begins Wednesday.
Allen started 15 games and had 54 tackles with one interception last season. He has started 46 of 47 games with six interceptions in three seasons.
Garland made his first three starts of his career last season as a fill-in for injured Andy Levitre. He also has seen spot duty at defensive tackle and has four career tackles.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 12, 2018