Falcons place second-round tenders on Allen, Garland
- 49ers fear QB Garoppolo tore left ACL
- Patricia-led Lions beat Belichick, Pats
- Mahomes has 3 more TDs as KC goes to 3-0
- Wentz rallies Eagles by Colts in return
- Big underdog Bills stun Vikings 27-6
Thanks to the $2.9 million tenders, another team signing either player would have to give the Falcons a second-round draft pick. The free agency period begins Wednesday.
Allen started 15 games and had 54 tackles with one interception last season. He has started 46 of 47 games with six interceptions in three seasons.
Garland made his first three starts of his career last season as a fill-in for injured Andy Levitre. He also has seen spot duty at defensive tackle and has four career tackles.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 12, 2018