49ers promote cap specialist Paraag Marathe to larger role
- Vikings to induct Green in Ring of Honor
- Cowboys DL Irving banned 4 games again
- Winslow Jr. pleads not guilty to rape
- Eagles receive rings with 219 diamonds
- Rookie QBs Darnold, Allen attend US Open
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) The San Francisco 49ers have promoted Paraag Marathe to the role of president of 49ers Enterprises.
The team announced Friday that Marathe will oversee outside business ventures, advisory efforts and major investment opportunities for the club. Marathe will also continue in his role with the 49ers as executive vice president of football operations where he serves as the team's chief contract negotiator and salary cap architect.
Marathe helped oversee the development of Levi's Stadium, which opened in 2014, and has been involved in the 49ers efforts to bring a Major League Soccer team to Sacramento.
For more AP NFL coverage: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 9, 2018