49ers re-sign offensive lineman Garry Gilliam to 2-year deal
- Colts sign former Lions TE Ebron
- 'Skins sign CB Scandrick to 2-year deal
- Chargers sign star C Pouncey for 2 years
- Rams bring back DE Easley on 1-year deal
- Vikings, Broncos finalize Siemian trade
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) The San Francisco 49ers have signed offensive lineman Garry Gilliam to a two-year contract extension.
The deal reached Tuesday keeps Gilliam off the free-agent market next month and under contract through 2019.
Gilliam joined San Francisco last offseason as a free agent and played in the first eight games with one start before being placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.
Gilliam's return gives the 49ers needed depth in the offseason as starting right tackle Trent Brown recovers from shoulder surgery.
Gilliam has played 52 games with 31 starts in four seasons with San Francisco and Seattle.
More AP NFL: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated February 27, 2018