Steelers sign Ken Griffey Jr.'s son Trey to futures contract
- Trump: Maybe kneelers shouldn't be in US
- Seahawks WR Baldwin blasts Trump remarks
- Police took Incognito to mental hospital
- Saints focusing on roles for new faces
- Flacco welcomes Jackson 'with open arms'
PITTSBURGH (AP) The Kid's kid is getting a shot with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The AFC North champions have signed wide receiver Trey Griffey, son of baseball Hall of Famer Ken Griffey Jr., to a reserve/futures contract.
The 24-year-old Griffey went undrafted last spring after graduating from Arizona. He spent time with Indianapolis and Miami last summer before being cut by the Dolphins at the end of training camp. The 6-foot-3, 209-pound Griffey caught 79 passes for 1,241 yards and six touchdowns in four seasons at Arizona.
More AP NFL: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated January 29, 2018