Steelers sign Ken Griffey Jr.'s son Trey to futures contract
- Bears QB Trubisky uncertain for Thursday
- Gonzalez, Reed among HOF semifinalists
- Dolphins' Tannehill to return vs. Colts
- Rams enter bye week 'wired' from MNF win
- Seahawks' D in flux with Wright injured
PITTSBURGH (AP) The Kid's kid is getting a shot with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The AFC North champions have signed wide receiver Trey Griffey, son of baseball Hall of Famer Ken Griffey Jr., to a reserve/futures contract.
The 24-year-old Griffey went undrafted last spring after graduating from Arizona. He spent time with Indianapolis and Miami last summer before being cut by the Dolphins at the end of training camp. The 6-foot-3, 209-pound Griffey caught 79 passes for 1,241 yards and six touchdowns in four seasons at Arizona.
More AP NFL: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated January 29, 2018