Bucs sign kicker Nick Folk; spent past 7 seasons with Jets
- Rodgers downplays take on cutting Nelson
- DE Ansah signs franchise tag with Lions
- 7-time Pro Bowl C Mangold retires
- LB Miller defends shark hunting trip
- Jackson: Browns still unsure on top pick
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Veteran kicker Nick Folk has signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
The 10-year pro spent the past seven seasons with the New York Jets, ranking second in franchise history with 172 field goals. He was 27 of 31 last season while converting 24 of 26 extra point attempts.
With Tampa Bay, he'll compete for a job with Roberto Aguayo, a second-round draft pick a year ago who was inconsistent as a rookie when he was 22 of 31 on field goal attempts.
Folk was a sixth-round draft pick in 2007 and spent his first three NFL seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 18, 2017