Iowa State DL Ray Lima out vs. WVU with a concussion
- USC's Helton 'secure' despite hot seat
- Rourke totals 4 TDs, Ohio upsets Buffalo
- Alabama NT Williams a Nagurski finalist
- CFP top 10 unchanged for first time
- Auburn star DE Coe out vs. Liberty
By LUKE MEREDITH
AMES, Iowa (AP) Iowa State star defensive lineman Ray Lima will miss the Cyclones' game Saturday night against No. 6 West Virginia because of a concussion.
The Cyclones (2-3, 1-2 Big 12) announced an hour before kickoff that Lima, a 302-pound nose guard, would be out for the first time in his career.
Despite having just 14 tackles overall, Lima is arguably Iowa State's most indispensable defender because of the attention opposing lines have to pay to him.
Lima, a junior from Los Angeles, is one of the biggest reasons why the Cyclones have held each of their first five opponents below their season average.
Iowa State also entered ranked ninth nationally in tackles for a loss.
Updated October 13, 2018