Alabama dismisses linebacker VanDarius Cowan from team
- UNC's Fedora questions football-CTE link
- Saban still undecided at starting QB
- UNC reports secondary NCAA violations
- No talk of expanding CPF beyond 4 teams
- Richt making sure Miami has true FB
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) Alabama has dismissed linebacker VanDarius Cowan from the team for violating unspecified team rules.
Coach Nick Saban announced the decision Monday in a statement, saying "each of us has a responsibility to represent the University of Alabama in a first-class way, and failure to meet those standards can't be tolerated."
Saban says Cowan violated team rules, but did not specify what rules.
Cowan played in seven games last season as a freshman. He made two tackles, both coming against Mercer.
Cowan was rated a five-star prospect out of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, by Scout.com.
For more AP college football coverage: http://collegefootball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated July 9, 2018