Hurricanes freshman Walker tears meniscus in knee
- Trump calls LaVar Ball 'ungrateful fool'
- Freshman Bowen won't play for Louisville
- Mizzou's Porter to undergo back surgery
- UCLA tops Wisconsin on Holiday's layup
- Kansas has school record for 3s in rout
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) Incoming Miami Hurricanes freshman guard Lonnie Walker has torn the meniscus in his right knee and will require surgery.
Walker was hurt playing Tuesday, the Hurricanes said. The timetable for his return will be determined after the operation.
A native of Reading, Pennsylvania, Walker is coach Jim Larranaga's most highly touted recruit in his six years at Miami. Walker is projected as a likely first-round pick in the 2018 NBA draft.
Updated July 11, 2017